wolverine green

Posted by TAWNY at 6:17 PM

Tuesday, November 10, 2009

I've received numerous requests (okay, just Deelisa), to write a little something about my adventures in nursing school. First off, take notice of this classy uniform. We are required to wear hunter green scrubs, a UVU white patch sewn on left sleeve, a name badge, and clean white shoes. Not adhering to these demands will land you in trouble (aka being denied clinical rounds).


I took this picture today after my second clinical at Orem Nursing and Rehab. If you've never worked or visited a nursing home, you're missing out. It's quite a treat.

Some highlights thus far in Semester 1:

>Coming to class with swimsuits under our scrubs so we could give each other bed-baths.

>Learned how to catheterize male and female dummies. Real life.

>Laid on a table-top with my entire abdomen exposed for a good 20 minutes while a complete stranger stared at it.

>Cleaned fake wounds on the "Seymour Butts". Seriously, that's the name of the fake bum.

>Wrote a three-page paper on rectal suppositories. Good read if you're interested.

I really have enjoyed this first semester. But I am already on a graduation countdown. I am now telling people that I have 2.5 years left instead of 3. April 2012 is a bright goal in my future. In any event, so far, so good.

1 comments:

Steve and Dee said...

Yeah. I'm happy now.