bah, humbug

Posted by TAWNY at 2:35 PM

Thursday, November 12, 2009

Listen, I love Christmas. I love the Christmas season. Just not in November.
A long time ago when I worked at a certain Robert's Arts and Crafts, I was the Seasonal Department Head. This meant I was rummaging through Christmas shipments in July. They also would turn on the Christmas music in September as a ploy to get people to shop earlier. It turned me off, to say the least.
Now, I work at Legacy OB-GYN. I thought I was free of the early Christmas stuff. But to no avail, my co-workers love listening to Christmas music early. Last year it was October-early, this year it's only Novemeber-early.
I have stated my objections, but they all seem to laugh and turn the music up louder. The last straw came today when I arrived this morning to find this:

In an effort to get me in the Christmas spirit, they decked out my desk. Thanks guys.

Why isn't there Thanksgiving music?

4 comments:

Neisha said...

That is the funniest thing I think I have ever seen.

Kristine L. said...

Tawny, I am with you 100%. I hate when people rush it! Don't get me wrong, I love Christmas. But I love Christmas AFTER Thanksgiving.

Steve and Dee said...

At least you know it wasn't me, but ow I know the best joke for July...or maybe April!

Anonymous said...

HA!! I love it!