start spreading the news

Posted by TAWNY at 8:04 PM

Sunday, November 8, 2009


It's been a heart-wrenching nine years since my Yankees have been on top. It's a myth that Yankees fans have life easy. On the contrary, it tends to be rough. Imagine, having a team that comes with such high hopes, only to fall short each post-season.

But 2009 brought us new fortune. Finally we could see a team that really had chemistry; something that had been lacking in recent years. All the money in the world can only go so far - you need chemistry in the end.

Even more exciting, I was able to witness my first Yankee's game in person. This has been years in the making. Seeing them in August only made me that much more excited for the post-season. I knew that the Yankees had something special this season.

And so it was, on Wednesday November 4th, the Yankees beat out the Phillies to win their 27th World Series. That's right folks, I got to see 2009 World Champions live and in person. I'll be telling this one to the grandkids.

Disclaimer: If you're not familiar, after each Yankees game they play Frank Sinatra's "New York, New York". Hence the title, "Start spreading the news..." Listen to it; it's a good song.

3 comments:

Kristine L. said...

The only good thing about this post is that little kitty sleeping on that boy's (your brother?) lap.

The Robisons said...

Wow Tawny I'm so sorry to hear you've been having such a hard life as a Yankees fan. Good thing you hung in there. :)

Steve and Dee said...

All right you posted. But I'm still waiting for the post with the nusing student model in green scrubs. And I wanna see all the books you have to lug around (yeah I've noticed those biceps ha ha ha).