jazz vs cavs

Posted by TAWNY at 5:54 PM

Sunday, January 25, 2009

So I hit up my first Jazz game of the season. I sure do love the Jazz. Nan, Joe, Scott, and I purchased tickets last minute.
As pictured above, Hollie joined us later. Welcome back from Key West, Girl.
A few years back at a Clippers game, a mini soft basketball was thrown to me in the crowd. I caught it above my head. The ball was in my possession. But before I could pull the ball back down from a top my head, a full-grown man sitting directly behind me, grabbed the ball from my hands. He claimed it as his own. Needless to say, it affected me. Since this fateful day, I have carried a certain chip on my shoulder. Last night, a blue voice-cone-thing (pictured above) was thrown again in my direction. I wasn't going to let this one pass me by. Well, apparently the kid in the row in front of me had the same idea. We both caught it at the same time. Instead of me giving up and letting the kid win, I pulled and struggled with all my might for a good thirty seconds. When I finally came to and realized what I was doing, I released it and let the 12 year old have it. Not my proudest moment. Ha ha

Well the Jazz and King James put on a great game - until the end where we lost it. It was a heartbreaker.

Hollie, Joe, Nan (above), Scott and me (below) post-game at California Pizza Kitchen.


I got the Thai Chicken Pizza. Folks, if you haven't tried it - you're missing out.

6 comments:

Tara said...

Thanks for the invite Tawny! I thought we were Jazz besties?? And to see Lebron? I love him! I'm hurt. :( I'm gonna remember this come April 13th when the Clippers come to town again.

MegRyan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
MegRyan said...

Looks like you're in trouble Tawny.

amber said...

I'm glad you could act like an adult and let a child get the free plastic cone. Way to go Tawny, way to go! This is a proud moment for us all.

The Robisons said...

I was at that game too. We were going to eat at CPK but decided on Applebees at the last minute. What are the odds? Wish I could have seen you there. Did you notice the way Lebron walks and runs? Is he bull-legged? Did he dance? His toes point out to the side like dancers do. hmmm.

Anonymous said...

I guess you don't remember what happened to me the last time I had the Thai chicken thing...never again! Anyway, did you happen to see Adam and his brothers at that game?? Probably not or you would have said something, but they were all there too. When will you call me??? Do you even know me anymore??