only in dreams

Posted by TAWNY at 11:49 AM

Tuesday, February 3, 2009

I made an observation the other day that I didn't really like.


Two items of background information:

1. I love traveling. I wish I could quit my day job and school and travel the world. I am fascinated by different areas of the world. Unfortunately, IHC and UVU have me in their icy clutches with no light at the end of the tunnel. The things I do to further my already advanced intelligence.

2. I rarely remember my dreams. The parts I do remember are usually random fragments that are typically forgotten by the time I drive to work in the morning.

I've noticed a pattern in the dreams that I actually do remember. They usually take place in an airport.

While dreaming, time and time again I find myself so excited for a trip that I am taking. Common things I say are, "Wow, I am finally making it to New York." or "Man, I've missed Kauai. I am so glad to go back."

And then the same thing always happens - I never make it to my destination. Either the flight has been cancelled. Or I really don't have the money I thought I did. Or I just wake up before takeoff. It doesn't matter; I never end up getting there.
I always wake up frustrated that even my dreams won't allow me to get away. Is this some kind of sick joke someone is playing on me? I can just hear someone taunting me in the back of my mind. Maaahaaa Tawny. You can't go on vacations now. You can't even go while dreaming.

I foolishly looked up ticket prices to Kauai last week. I found a great deal to Honolulu at the end of April for $489. I sat there and stared at the flights. I was one click away from "Purchase" until my reality-laden mind took over.


I need a vacation. That leaves the airport.

4 comments:

Karen said...

listen here missy...

Kristine L. said...

You look like you are a scene straight out of LOST... Especially that waterfall. Hmm.

Tara said...

Can I come?

The Robisons said...

Take me with you!