honor student

Posted by TAWNY at 1:06 PM

Monday, January 5, 2009

I know that I have left you all on the edge of your seats with the whole "ucler" thing. I am sorry for the delay in updating. Here's how it went down:


I knew that grades would be posted on Wednesday December 24th. They're always posted the Wednesday following finals, but this didn't stop me from checking very consistently every 3 hours for a week.

But I finally went to bed on December 23rd and woke up abruptly in the middle of the night. I looked at my cell phone and it read: Decemeber 24th - 3:39 AM. My automatic thought was: It's Christmas Eve. Yes. Grades.

I hopped out of bed and ran to the computer in the living room. I started the dial-up connection (ha ha, just kidding. Just sounds funny to say these days. And more intense.) and navigated to UVU's website. I typed in my student ID and password. I followed the ever-familiar steps to my student records where my grades lie waiting.

Doubt lingered in the back of my mind because I wasn't sure if they would be up so early in the morning. As my shaky hand finally came to the right page, there it was. Fall 2008 grades. I stopped. Did I really want to know? I was about to see just how much my hard work had paid off; if any. I was sure that I would get an A- in Biology. Even Math 1050 I couldn't be sure of the results.

I finally took a deep breath and opened the page. I scrolled down to the middle of the page and to my complete and utter shock I saw my first 4.0 of my entire school career. That's right, even in Junior High and High school had I never pulled this off. I would never have to retake Biology, Math 1050 or Chemistry 1110 again. A few tears dropped from my unbelieving eyes.

I went back to bed to enjoy the most peaceful night's sleep ever. Oh wait, that didn't happen. For the rest of the night, I lay in bed with a million thoughts and scenarios running through my already overworked mind....

What if I really got into Nursing school? Would I have time to work? I have to work. Where would I work? I have to have 24 hours at IHC a week. I'm going to have to work some kind of night shift. Wait, I don't want to quit my job. I don't have any skills....My thoughts when on and on like this for the rest of the night.

Needless to say, I've been pretty ecstatic. But also this makes my future that much more real...which scares me. Am I ready to be an adult? I also want to apologize to all of you whom I've ignored through this grueling semester. I'm ready to be fun again...please call...

4 comments:

rhodesfamily said...

you're one sad, sick little girl...thinking about grades at 3:39 am on Christmas Eve!! but congrats, ya smartie pants :) i'm so proud of you! i'm sure you had a very happy christmas after receiving this news. miss you lots! hope to see you soon! meg

Neisha said...

Tawny you are a stud I remember all the questions you asked me about nursing. Don't worry your ready and the past semester has shown you. Get an easy job that will possibly allow some time to study. You are awesome and I am so jealous!!

The Robisons said...

You amaze me!

Karen said...

Yeah!!! Congrats...you really did work your butt off this semester!