can of duster

Posted by TAWNY at 3:25 PM

Friday, May 30, 2008


When I get bored at work, I surf the internet. When I get bored of the internet, I start going through things on my desk, looking to make something better or more convenient. Or just to change it for the heck of it. Often times I find myself with a cold can of duster. You know, the can of air that has a straw connected to the spout to blow particles freely into the air. I was getting antsy at work today, and couldn't sit in my seat any longer. I found my can and began to wonder about the idea behind it. I have come to the conclusion that the can of duster really serves no meaningful purpose except to get me through the last hour of work before the weekend. You get your can and aim it at your keyboard, and dust goes flying any which way. This doesn't solve the problem of dust in the first place. It just sends it to another place on the desk; so now I have to dust this next contaminated spot. Wouldn't it better serve us if it was just the opposite - a can with suction. Think about it. A little can with a tiny straw that sucks up all the dust. I think about this everytime I use this ingenius office product, but really, am I going to stop using the can of office duster? Nope.

0 comments: