feelin' patriotic

Posted by TAWNY at 8:12 AM

Tuesday, November 4, 2008

I am feeling very patriotic today.

You could probably tell by some posts from the past, that I have been looking forward to election day for a while. I remember a year ago thinking, "Why are they campaigning already? It's a year away!" And to think it's finally here.

Anyhow, I woke up a bit earlier than usual today so I could get out the door at 6:45 AM. I was trying to beat all my neighbors to the Orem City Center where we unite in voting. Unfortunately, my crafty neighbors had the same thing on their minds. There was already a hefty line by the time I got there.

It was pretty interesting though. I mean, four years ago I voted as well, but I went then as a child; walking in the shadows of my parents. This election, I went alone. At 7 AM. With true convictions.

As I walked up to the library and viewed the growing line within, I could see my old Bishop, my fifth grade teacher, high school friends, my neighbors. It was cool to see the community come together and cast their votes. I couldn't help but feel extremely patriotic. I love this Country.


Took this pic on my phone so I could show off my "I Voted Today" sticker. It's the best part.

2 comments:

MegRyan said...

I am so proud.

amber said...

i hope you read this today, because if you wear your "i voted" sticker to krispy kreme you get a free donut with patriotic sprinkles!!